22 April, 2007

Swearing In Ceremony

Well it is official now... I am a Foreign Service Officer! It was a beautiful day and a lovely ceremony. The swearing in took place in the Ben Franklin Reception room on the top floor of the State Department building. There were so many historical antiques - inlcuding Thomas Jefferson's desk on which the Treaty of Paris was signed. The view from the balcony was also incredible. Here are just a few of the photos from the day:









Back to school tomorrow. I start my Sub-Saharan Africa Studies which will last for two weeks before moving on to other classes. I will be in classes until June 22nd and then shorly after that we will leave for Abuja. So much to do before then...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look marvelous!!

Anonymous said...

What a proud moment !!! So happy to have been with you both on this very exciting time in your journey!! It was a lovely day but went way too fast!! WE NEED A REWIND!!!! Love to you both!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, we are sooooo happy and proud. The pictures were great, you and Eric make a beautiful couple, love Kathy and Paul

Anonymous said...

Nyree,
Congratulations Miss PEO.Ronnie & I are so happy for you, were glad your dreams came true. Can't wait until October.
Love
Harry & Ronnie