Actually the event we are really counting down is our R&R which begins May 1! We will be flying back to Georgia for the whole month of May to hang out, relax and most importantly eat a lot of Burger King and Taco Bell! I already told my parents that the first meal I want is a NY Strip followed by a cheeseburger. It is just impossible to get good meat here. It is impossible to get a lot of things here which does make it a little difficult at times. Of course there are grocery stores and we can get all the staples like milk, butter, eggs, cheese and bread; but meat, fruit, poultry and seafood are a different story. The fruit selection is very limited (they have great pineapple here) so both Eric & I are looking forward to some juicy oranges and apples when we get back. Amazingly enough, despite the generally disappointing food here, I have managed to gain 15 pounds! I am sure it is from all the bread and pasta I have been eating. So, for the cliche new year's resolution, I will be starting my diet on January 2. That will give me about 9 months to get back into my wedding dress!
I was barely able to smush into my dress for the Marine Ball we went to a few months back - here is proof:

As a friendly reminder, the wedding is now scheduled for September 27, 2008. Same place and same plan - just one year later. I cannot tell you how excited I am. We will finish up all the little details while we are back home in May, such as invitations. In the meantime, you can always check out our wedding website for more information. I hope everyone can still make it - I promise it will not get postponed again, no matter what.
I hope everyone has had a really wonderful holiday and here's wishing you a very happy new year. My second resolution is to post more regularly here so I can keep everyone up to date. Eric is off to a good start though so check out his site - he even has a bunch of photos too. We miss you all very much.
Much love.
P.S. - I just had to post a picture of Cooper...

1 comment:
Welcome back Lady V!
Post a Comment