20 December, 2008

Birthday Surprise


Eric and my friends organized a surprise birthday dinner for me at my favorite Indian restaurant in Abuja. Well, actually it is the only Indian restaurant, but it is my favorite for their delicious chicken curry! I thought we were just going for a quick dinner with Alan & Liz, but when I walked in, everyone was there. Naturally, I was in shock, and for those of you know how well I do with surprises, you can imagine my reaction! After recovering from the surprise, with the help of two glasses of wine, I had a wonderful night. It was so very sweet and made for a very happy birthday. I am extremely grateful for all the fabulous friends I have made here in Abuja - it has truly been the best part of this tour. Liz and Kristen even made me a cake in honor of my 21st birthday! I think I will try to remain 21 forever...

Sunday is my actual birthday, and my Dad's too. It is sad to not be able to celebrate together, but I will be sending birthday hugs and kisses all the way from Africa. Eric is taking me out for a nice brunch on Sunday and then I plan to spend the rest of the day in my pj's watching movies! All in all, a perfect birthday weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday PUP!!!