16 February, 2007

13 Days and Counting

In a little less than two weeks we will be departing for Arlington, VA and our 'TO DO' list continues to grow. I have a mountain of forms to fill out still, I have to get a few of my suits tailored (the curse of short legs and broad shoulders) we have to start packing, cancel the cable, meet with the cake lady for the wedding and then next week Cooper will be going to the vet to get fixed. I know I shouldn't be nervous about that; but I don't like the idea of any surgery. Everyone assures me he will be fine and I am sure that is true. We have only had him for 2-1/2 months and yet it feels like a lifetime I love him so much. He will play a big part in figuring out where we are posted over the next few years because there a number of posts that don't allow dogs. We will be doing all that research once we are in VA though because we could never leave him behind - he is a member of our little family now. More about how we are assigned to post at a later date - although we are getting extremely anxious to find out what our options are... we get the list of posts on the very first day of training March 5th. Until then we are just dreaming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you starting to wander the world. I know it has been a dream for a long time. Good luck and keep us up to date!!