It has been a crazy few weeks since getting the news about the job. On top of starting a new career and moving to a new city next month, the Boy and I are trying to finish all the plans for our wedding this October 7th. We have most of it done now - I have my dress, we picked out the tuxedos, hired the DJ and and photographer. I have made arrangements for hotel rooms and a picnic in the park on the day before the wedding. All that is left is to meet with the florist and do a cake tasting. I will be printing up Save-The-Date cards this weekend to send out to everyone and that should do it for awhile.
We are keeping our apartment here in Greenville until our lease is up in August so we can always come back if we have stuff to take care of. The State Dept will be paying for our housing while in Arlington; but unfortunately we are only authorized to have a studio apartment since we are not legally married and I am the only one qualified for housing. It will be tight, especially since we will have the puppy with us; but it will be a good test - if we can survive a studio, surely we can survive marriage!
Come April, if we find out that we will be staying in Arlington for an extended period of time then we will look for a different place and pay for the extra space. That way we can have room for visitors too! I hope you all have your passports and are ready to see the world!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment