Six to go! The past week has been incredibly intense and amazing - if not slightly overwhelming. All the people I am going through training with are so fantastic, interesting and intelligent, as are the instructors. I have to admit I got a little teary eyed during our initial swearing in - even though this was just the "casual swearing in" that allows the government to issue us our paychecks! The official formal swearing in will be April 12 when I will actually become a Junior Officer. All in all a great start. I can't talk a lot about work itself; but I can give you a brief list of some of the places we may actually get posted - in no particular order:
Jerusalem, Israel
Port-Au-Prince, Haiti
Lagos, Nigeria
Paramaribo, Suriname
Geneva, Switzerland
Khartoum, Sudan
Caracas, Venezuela
Kinshasa, Congo
Bucharest, Romania
Chennai, India
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Moscow, Russia
Madrid, Spain
Lots of places in Mexico
I am not going to say what our top choices are because I do not want to jinx it; but we will find out on April 12th. Until then there is a lot more training. Monday morning I take my French test which will also help determine where I can get posted. It has been several years since I studied it so I am not expecting to do very well but we will see.
Otherwise things are going well and we are surviving our studio apartment much better than I anticipated. This weekend we are both just going to relax; but next weekend I think we will head into DC and do some touristy things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Those are some interesting posts. What interests you the most?
What exciting places! What shall we wear for our new passport pics????????
Post a Comment