Yesterday flew by but we got a lot done. We went out exploring and found the grocery store, Target, Pet Smart and most importantly, Domino's Pizza - all just about 5 minutes away. We do need to readjust to driving in the Northeast because it would seem that everyone just blatantly ignores the basic laws (or more like plain common sense) of driving such as stopping at stop signs or using turn signals or even looking when pulling out into traffic. I would say that if Eric weren't really paying attention we probably would have been involved in about 5 accidents yesterday - people are crazy here! I would rather drive in NYC anyday than here. I guess I will adjust though.
We did a test drive over to the NFATC (National Foreign Affairs Training Center) otherwise known as FSI (Foreign Service Institute) which is where I start work on Monday morning and lt is only about a ten minute drive; but that was without traffic so I am not sure how long it will take in morning rush hour. It shouldn't be more than twenty but we will see! I will leave extra early just in case.
Last night we went out in search of dinner and found a really fun restaurant not too far away. It is called the Rock Bottom Brewery (it is in the Ballston area) and they make all their own beer on the premises - and I actually found one I liked which is amazing considering I don't really like beer; but I always like to try locally made beers just in case. The food and service were great too. I had a spinach salad with grilled buffalo meet marinated in a chimichurri sauce - something out of the ordinary - but very tasty! Seemed like a very popular place because it was packed when we got there at 9pm and we had to wait about 30 minutes for a table and then when we left at 11pm the place was still packed. It is also next door to the movie theaters which is quite convenient.
I am having trouble sending email for some reason - something to do with the firewalls and proxy settings, blah, blah, I don't really understand. So just be patient if I owe you an email - I promise I will get back to you asap.
We are going to head out now and enjoy the nice weather - sunny and 60 degrees!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i can't wait to see pictures of your new place. sounds exciting moving to DC and all. When are you going to post those pictures?
Post a Comment